Latrica Kestner firstname.lastname@example.org 304-766-1570
"Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you." -Princess Diana
Dunbar Intermediate Counseling Vision Statement
The Dunbar Intermediate Counseling Program supports a collaborative culture of educational excellence in which every student is actively learning, accepting of others and achieving success. As successful, lifelong learners and productive citizens, our students achieve their fullest potential, making a positive difference in our school and their community.
The Counselor at Dunbar Intermediate believes...
- All students can achieve and meet high standards that will result in academic success.
- All students have a right to a safe and supportive learning environment.
- All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program.
- All students have a right to be heard and treated with dignity and respect.
- All students have the right to a credentialed School Counselor who collaborates with other educators, families, and the community as an advocate for student success.
- Student developmental needs are best met by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Learning involves the whole person and all students have a right to services that support academic, personal/social and career growth.
- School Counselors are an integral part of multiple, collaborative teams that are working to ensure student success.
How Do I Get to See the Counselor?
- Student self-referral
- Staff referral
- Parent/Guardian referral
A Depression Journey (graphic):